The lower school technology integration specialist will work collaboratively with teachers to provide support and assistance in the integration of instructional technology across the curriculum. The technology integration specialist will serve as an advocate for instructional technology initiatives and support implementation of the strategic instructional technology plan. Instructional Technology Integration
• Work with teachers to identify and collaboratively plan the integration of technology and multimedia into specific units or lessons, including in-class assistance as needed
• Provide individual and group instruction with teachers and students in the use of various instructional technologies including iPads and SMART Boards
• Work with the information technology staff to provide minor trouble-shooting of computer equipment in labs and classrooms
• Disseminate information regarding technology integration best practices and promote the sharing of resources and ideas at the lower school
• Serve as a member of the instructional technology and communication arts team to communicate developments and suggestions regarding instructional technology initiatives
• Work with students, teachers, and administrators to coordinate, write, and produce the WNCS morning news broadcast
Lower School Typing Program
• Provide direct instruction to each 3rd grade homeroom in essential typing skills
Reports to: Head of Lower School
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Educational Technology or related field is required.
• Experience in an education environment, specifically K-12, is preferred.
• Experience working with Windows, Mac, iPads, Android, Windows Server and iOS devices.
• Knowledge of Google Apps for Education, iOS device management, and other cloud based services.
• Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled. Applicants should submit an application, resume, cover letter, unofficial transcripts, teacher certifications, and list of professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 1948, the Norfolk Collegiate School is a co-educational college preparatory K-12 school located in Norfolk, VA. The school’s two campuses are home to approximately 600 students. The strong sense of community, high expectation for student engagement, leadership, and honorable living are among the elements that make the school truly distinctive. NCS offers Advanced Placement and honors... programs in addition to its strong college preparatory curriculum all designed to engage active communications and experiential learning. It is accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools and the Southern Association of Colleges and School.