| Norfolk Collegiate School is seeking an experienced educator who is innovative, enthusiastic, and compassionate for a full time kindergarten through fifth grade Spanish teaching position. The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to provide a student centered positive learning environment, differentiate curriculum to meet the needs of all students, foster their intellectual curiosity and critical thinking skills, as well as, be able to work effectively with colleagues and parents. This teacher shall also demonstrate a strong work ethic and a desire to be a lifelong learner. |
The responsibilities of the Lower School Spanish Teacher include but are not limited to the following:
• Help students engage in acquiring the ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish, with a particular focus on oral proficiency in real-life contexts.
• Practice Spanish immersion in order to build students’ oral proficiency.
• Create enthusiasm for language learning as well as Spanish culture and history.
• Work with the Lower School team to create integrated curriculum opportunities among art, music, Spanish, and homerooms.
• Assess, communicate, and demonstrate student learning privately to families and publicly to our community.
• Collaborate and communicate with members of the Middle and Upper School Language department, focusing on excellent teaching and learning.
• Participate and engage in professional activities and meetings at departmental, divisional, and school-wide levels.