Under the supervision of the ABC Lead Educator, the ABC (After Beauvoir Center) Assistant Educator will help plan and lead activities as well as care for children who attend ABC from grades PK-3rd. The Assistant Teacher will help create community among all students by implementing Responsive Classroom techniques and the Beauvoir Life Rules. This position is part-time, Monday through Friday, 2pm – 6pm, with opportunities for additional hours throughout the year (Back to School Nights, Break Camps and All Day Play Days, etc.). This position runs through the end of the school year (June 2018).
• Be punctual and reliable with attendance
• Provide engaging enrichment education for children ages 4-9
• Provide a productive and positive learning environment
• Be comfortable participating and/or leading lessons/activities
• Be patient, flexible and able to work collaboratively with children and adults
• Be able to handle challenging behaviors in a way that encourages children to learn from the situation
• Be able to communicate professionally with children, parents and colleagues
• Maintain confidential information
Extended Care Duties:
• Meet with administration and colleagues to plan and prepare lessons
• Plan and implement a weekly activity plan (with guidance from Lead Educator)
• Prepare large group games and enrichment activities
• Serve and distribute snack
• Lead story time and/or assist with homework at study hall
• Supervise and engage the children during inside and outside play
• Assist children and putting away daily supplies, toys, etc.
• Supervise and engage the children during inside and outside recess and play
• Encourage and guide children as they interact in activities with other children
• Help maintain a neat, clean, and organized environment
Beauvoir, the National Cathedral Elementary School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational, admissions, scholarship, or employment programs.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and at least three references to:
About Beauvoir, the National Cathedral Elementary School
Beauvoir, the National Cathedral Elementary School, and independent co-educational primary school located in Washington, DC., seeks a caring and compassionate applicant for a full-time position in the Early Learning Center at Beauvoir starting in the fall of 2017. The Early Learning Center at Beauvoir is committed to teaching the youngest learners from age 3 months to 3 years old to be kind, honest, responsible, and respectful.
Back to top
6802 Paragon Place, Ste 525 Richmond, Virginia 23230